Well, back online it is… but as expected, Crew Rowling are smashing it out the park!
As we know, we’re not a competitive Crew at all 🧐 🤪 However, i am super duper excited to reveal the latest HOWLS data:
Work hard: 3.59
Get smart: 3.5
Be kind: 3.8
Which is not only impressive as far as a set of Crew averages go… but it also means…
WE HAVE THE BEST HOWLS IN XP EAST!
THE BEST (WH/ BK) ACROSS BOTH SCHOOLS!
This is down to the fantastic efforts of all members of the Crew, sharing their ideas, contributing to sessions, supporting one another, and generally being Crew. Mrs Barnes has definitely joined the best!
Speaking of Mrs Barnes, all Crew members received a phone call or email home over the last week or so and feels they were really positive. She enjoyed getting to know Crew parents and we hope that this supports the transition into having not just 1 Crew Leader.. but 2!
Over the last couple of weeks Mrs Barnes has been taking some of our Crew sessions whilst I have been attending meetings under my new role, I have been pleased to see students still logging in on time, paying attention, and completing what is expected. I am proud of the grafters they have become/ are becoming!
- All Crew members are attending sessions on time and completing work expected.
- The hangout chat has been a huge success again. Students are relying on each other for support and removing any issues by simply reaching out. This has also helped students to complete work when they are struggling.
- Shawn provided some thought provoking Check In questions.
- Harvey has taken on the first of the returning Friday afternoon quiz (I know some parents will be pleased to hear this!)
- Cerrina and Harvey have been keeping everyone organised ensuring they share the relevant hangout link before sessions.
- SLC scripts are coming along nicely and all Crew members are working hard- even adding peer critique!
- Faith has been acting as a Learning Coach in the in school provision, alongside doing her work to support other students. Take a look at the notes she has captured:
There’s so much more i could go on all day…
In light of the work we have been doing around Crew HOWLs, we intend to raise the profile of students being Great and Awesome by spotlighting one student per week on our blog, this will be written by a Crew member so they can highlight what has been discussed during sessions. This should give support to others who are trying to improve their HOWLs grades and inspire them to become Awesome too! Keep your eyes peeled for who is in the spotlight in next weeks blog post!
I appreciate all of the hard work Crew Rowling are doing, and i know Mrs Barnes does too. Not only are you becoming leaders of your own learning but you’re making our job super easy too!
Stay safe and well.